Savvy Quick and Easy 2 Ingredient Gluten Free Pancakes
(Low Syn and low Cost)
So, here in the Savvy household we always have certain foods hanging around. Rather usefully two of these kitchen staples can be combined to great effect, for a speedy, gluten free cheap treat. These pancakes were not only cheap and easy, but super quick and great to make with 3 year old Little Savvy.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED (per 4 mini pancakes)
15 minutes from start to plate
- 1 banana (yes even those brown ones, they’re extra sweet and good for you)
- 2 eggs
- butter, spread or fry-light to grease the skillet
- handful of cranberries or raisins (optional extra and syns)
1. Scale the ingredients up to your needs. We wanted 12 mini pancakes so put in 3 bananas and 6 eggs. The first thing was to mush the bananas to a fine paste with the back of a fork. Little Savvy loved this, who wouldn’t.
2. Crack and mix in the eggs to the bowl, whisk if you want better results.
3. Should you want to add dried fruit like cranberries, now is the time to toss them in. It’s nice to save have the handful back to top the finished pancakes.
4. Warm the skillet or frying pan to maximum and place a small amount of our chosen agent to grease the pan.
4. Once melted and and coated, turn the pan down to half heat. Spoon the mixture from the bowl using a large serving spoon. Space out the dollops, four at a time. Each of the mini pancakes should be super quick to cook so after around a minute flip to the other size using a spatula and wait another minute before sliding of onto a lovely mini pancake stake ready for the table.
5. Keep adding batches of mixture until it is used up. If they’re not browning nicely, up the heat slightly or re-grease the pan.
5. Serve with whatever you have in your cupboards, fridge or freezer. Tayberry jam made from the berries in our garden went down a treat with dried cranberries and grapes in ours. Other suggestions would be honey, ice-cream, maple syrup or even if you want to try it trimmed bacon.
Please comment below to let me know if you love this recipe. Maybe you can think of a good accompaniment to this quick easy gluten free pancake treat.
Savvy Dad x