Site Usage Terms, Disclaimer & Policies
By using this site you agree to the terms below.
- You accept any tips, ideas are opinions on this site are for entertainment purposes only. They should not be relied upon when making financial choices; I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR – you should always consult a qualified financial advisory service when making big financial decisions.
- I make no representations or warranties, express or implied, concerning the legality of the website and any person’s use of the website and services, and shall not be responsible for any illegal use of the website by the user.
- Your use of the website or the services shall be at your sole risk and you will not hold Savvy Dad responsible for any losses caused, directly or indirectly, to you or any third party. With respect to the SavvyDad, you shall bear sole responsibility for any of your decisions made based on the content of the website. Note that no article constitutes advice. I am not a financial advisor and articles are for entertainment purposes only.
- SavvyDad may contain links, content, advertisements, promotions, logos and other materials of other websites or software from third parties. Such links are solely for convenience, and you agree by using them that under no circumstances will you hold SavvyDad liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of these links. We accept no responsibility for the content on sites linked to as their content is beyond our control
Always do your own research.
Gifted, sponsored or affiliate Content
I welcome PR agencies and individual companies sending me sample products or services to be reviewed. Please note I will only accept these opportunities if they fit with my ethos of promoting value for money and helping make family life better, easier and more affordable for parents. All reviews are honest and reflective of my own personal experiences with the samples or services trialled. I will always disclose in reviews of products or services provided free of charge or for which I have received payment. I will label or tag such posts.
There are paid affiliate advertising links and banners within my blog. These help to pay for the site’s upkeep. In addition, there are company banners and advertising which may generate revenue for me should you click on them and visit linked resources and websites. The views of any websites linked to are beyond my control and I accept no responsibility for their content.
Photos, Imagery and Creatives
Photos and images on this website come from two sources:
- Myself (in which case please contact me should you wish to use them on your own sites)
- Rights Free Images from sources such as Unsplash, Pexels, FreeImages or Pixabay. These images are sourced via imagery tagged as free usages, without attribution or payment. If any image is found to have changed in copyright nature on the source websites they will be removed on request straight away. I accept no responsibility for third party image providers changing their copyright terms. It is my policy only to use free, non-attributed stock imagery or my own imagery.
Please do not reproduce any of the content within the blog without my expressed written or verbal permission. Please do not reproduce any of the photos as they are strictly for my personal & business use only.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://savvydad.co.uk.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Visit our cookie page for information on cookie lengths.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Recipe Maker Interactions.
- When comment ratings are enabled we store the rating a user has given to a recipe along with the personal data WordPress core stores.
- When user ratings are enabled we store a WPRM_User_Voted_%recipe% cookie (with %recipe% the ID of the recipe) that contains the rating this user has given to a particular recipe. This cookie is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
- When user ratings are enabled we store the IP address upon voting. This is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
- Our cookies are stored for 30 days. User submitted data is stored indefinitely in the local database.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days. This site is scanned for potential malware and vulnerabilities by the iThemes Site Scanner. We do not send personal information to the scanner; however, the scanner could find personal information posted publicly (such as in comments) during the scan.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
For any additional queries please contact me [email protected]
This policy is effective as of 10 March 2022.