How To Make Slow Cooker Fudge Baileys Cream Recipe
I’ve never particularly liked Baileys as a straight up tipple. But as a flavouring to enhance a recipe it can be quite a smooth and sensational addition. This slow cooker fudge made with Baileys Irish Cream is another variation on my many slow cooker fudge recipes. You can buy alternatives to Baileys if you prefer, particularly if they’re on offer at cheaper prices. M&S make some nice cream liqueurs and the M&S Chocolate and Clementine Liqueur is ideal as a slight alternative to the Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Baileys Fudge
A 397 ml tin condensed milk
250g white chocolate chips or block chocolate
100g milk chocolate chips or block chocolate
2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
Method and Instructions for Slow Cooker Fudge Baileys Cream
- Turn your trusty slow cooker on to high and then add the ingredients for the slow cooker fudge with Baileys Cream in the order below.
- Add the chocolate chips or break in the chocolate block to the slow cooker bowl
- Add the condensed milk to the slow cooker bowl and stir gently.
- Stir the contents roughly every 5-10 minutes for 30 minutes.
- If you like thicker fudge, extend the cooking time in the slow cooker pot to around 40 minutes.
- When the mixture has reached a thick and gooey consistency add in around 2 tablespoons of the Baileys Irish Cream liqueur. If you prefer a stronger fudge, add an additional tablespoon to the Baileys Cream Fudge ingredients.
- Stir the Baileys into the mixture thoroughly.
- Using a tea towel or oven gloves, carefully lift out the slow cooker pot. Pour the tasty mixture into a tin. Where possible line your tin with parchment paper to stop the fudge sticking and aid easy cutting. It’s also worth carefully choosing your tin – too large and the fudge will be thin. I would alway recommend using a smaller tin as a thicker slab of fudge aids easy cutting into the traditional cube-shaped fudge pieces.
- Place the tin in the fridge to set overnight. Cut once set and then enjoy!