Gluten Free Christmas Bulk Buys
Christmas can be a painfully awkward time of year for Coeliacs. Whether visiting friends and family, or just finding that indulgent treat for yourself during the festive period. Well, the good news is many brands have started to realise that catering for the growing intolerance of food types is intrinsic to them surviving also.
I’ve already written about the recent upsurge in supermarkets taking on board Gluten free needs of the masses. But now larger bulk hamper, party and meat suppliers are getting in on the act with their own offerings.
Below is a round up of some of the services and brands that might help to make this festive time of year be more inclusive of those needing a Gluten Free Christmas. Most can be frozen and bought in full or smaller amounts.
Gluten Free Christmas Bulk Buys: £45 Luxury Christmas Lunch
Bulk meat supplier MuscleFood have a fab Christmas Hamper for £45. It’s great value when you consider the size of the contents and amount of items included:
- 3-3.4kg Gluten Free Christmas Turkey Hen
- 454g Gluten Free Meaty Pork Sausages
- 10 x 35g GF Bacon Medallions
- 350g Unsmoked Streaky Bacon
- 454g Gluten Free Pork Chipolatas
- 454g Gluten Free Sausage Meat
- 12 x Gluten Free Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Gluten Free Turkey Gravy (This has great reviews.)
- A selection of festive veggies to finish the Gluten Free Christmas meal off.
Other options are also available on their Gluten Free Christmas offers page.
Gluten Free Christmas Bulk Buys: £30 Gluten Free Party Selection
M&S have offered up a GF Party hamper as part of their party food service. M&S are renowned for great quality on their party bites and nibbles. So we’re expecting good things from this Gluten Free party pack also. For £30 you’ll get:
- 12 sticky Asian-style chicken lollipops
- 12 mini chicken Kievs
- 18 British pork belly squares
- 12 mini toad-in-the-hole with caramelised onion chutney
- 10 sticky chicken yakitori kebabs.
Extra Gluten Free Christmas Tips
- Check out our very own guide to serving a gluten free Christmas meal accessible to all this year, it includes even recipes for those on a dairy free diet.
- Tesco have put together a great supplement article with extra ideas for making this Christmas Gluten Free, check out the Seven Tips for serving a Gluten Free Christmas.
- Waitrose meanwhile, have a run down on what they’re doing this year to make those little things, like roasties, friendly to all diets at the Christmas table. Their Gluten Free Christmas page is well worth a quick peruse.