There how many different department stores in the UK that offer great summer and winter sales. However, the John Lewis sale is a particularly good place to start your sales shopping. This is because of their “never knowingly undersold” policy and the fact they carry so many brands other than just their own John Lewis range. whether it’s shopping for John Lewis sale dresses, checking in for price compared items during the John Lewis Black Friday sale period, or making the most of a John Lewis partnership card, John Lewis always offers a source for premium brands at potential decent prices as long as you remember to price compare yourself. John Lewis is also highly visiting by those seeking Mint Velvet sale items.
I’ve written previously about the value of a Premium made to measure or bespoke item compared to achieve item that maybe doesn’t last very long. John Lewis is renowned for carrying brands that work well and well built. John Lewis sale dresses are from well-known designers that often retail elsewhere for more I’m John Lewis customer service, in general, is amongst the best in the UK. this means should you need to deal with the returns department there are rarely issues.
Related Reading: 25% off 6 bottles – Supermarket wine deals.
John Lewis Sale 2020 including Mint Velvet
As already mentioned the John Lewis dress sale is a good place to start if looking for a new outfit for a wedding or evening out as well as the Mint Velvet sale bargains. John Lewis stock a range of outfits in their John Lewis Womenswear departments and offer a range that caters for most body types, styles and tastes.
When is the next John Lewis Sale?
You can often find approximate dates for John Lewis sales by Googling broad terms like:
“When is John Lewis sale?” or “When is next John Lewis sale?” these grammatical sentences are often the search terms of people look for and therefore lead you to the most likely dates. However, for reference here are the dates I know about (to the best of my knowledge) right now for the John Lewis Sale and future John Lewis sales:
- 26th December 2020, The John Lewis Boxing Day 2020 sale. It is expected to start early in the morning.
- 1st January 2021 – Early morning risers will see the New Year’s sales listings from John Lewis. This tends to be particularly good for buying John Lewis Homeware sales and clearance tech goods which are amazing when combined with the John Lewis 2, 3 or 5 Year Warranty and Guarantee.
- 10th April 2021 is the Good Friday sales day and the 13th April 2020 is Easter Monday sales day.
- 4th May 2021 sees the early May Day bank holiday sale in John Lewis.
- 25th May 2021 Spring Bank Holiday sale.
- 31st August 2021 summer bank holiday sale.
Past Sales from John Lewis (inc. Mint Velvet)
- 27th November 2020 The John Lewis Black Friday sale 2020.
- 12th July 2020 Sees the John Lewis Summer 2020 sale
- 31st August 2020 Summer Bank Holiday Monday sales for 2020 in John Lewis.
- 25th May 2020 The Spring Bank Holiday Monday sales, save the date.
- 29th November 2019 sees the arrival of the John Lewis Black Friday sales. it will start on that Friday and is expected to run through to the next weekend. John Lewis did not opt into the Black Friday sales for the first two years that now seemed to join in regularly.
- 26th December 2019 is the date for the John Lewis Boxing Day sale.
- 1st January 2020, again early in the morning see the New Year’s sales listings from John Lewis. this tends to be particularly good for buying Christmas presents for the following year or for the John Lewis Home sale.
- April 2020 sees two John Lewis sale days – 10th April 2020 is the Good Friday sales day and the 13th April 2020 is Easter Monday sales day.
- 4th May 2020 sees the early May Day bank holiday sale in John Lewis.
- 25th May 2020 Spring Bank Holiday sale.
- 31st August 2020 summer bank holiday sale.
- An unknown date in July 2020 will see the John Lewis summer sale open its doors. This tends to be the biggie!
- Finally, 27th November 2020 the current date for the John Lewis Black Friday sale 2020 and the boxing day sale will be on the 26th December 2020
Why is it worth going in-store or shopping with JohnLewis.com?
Simply put, John Lewis is one of the biggest retailers in the UK and has been for many many years. The High Street icon has made itself part of the lives of most UK consumers. it is done this by offering consistently good customer service, valuable retail experience, I don’t forget those lovable John Lewis Christmas adverts.
John Lewis began life as a drapery store in 1864. Over the years it has transformed into a high-end department store often standing strong as other chains and businesses come and go.it caters for many different age ranges and has developed a popular John Lewis partnership card scheme offering additional discounts and freebies at its in-house coffee shops and tea rooms.
In particular, John Lewis has a proud and well-stocked home furnishings department, an extensive range of Brands in its John Lewis womenswear department, and often the latest tech and its audiovisual department. again another one of the selling points for John Lewis particularly when buying tech is the 2-year warranty that they offer on most electrical products. An additional year to post other companies.
John Lewis has developed quite a keen interest in making sure it price matches as many of its sale items as possible. They used to actively reach out to attempt price matching competitors’ offers in their “Never Knowingly Undersold” policy. Sadly this policy has been paused in the current retail climate, but I’ve left the details below for context.
The John Lewis price match policy used to offer to match their prices with other retailers on the physical high street. Sadly, it no longer matches online prices if the brand doesn’t have a physical presence. That being said they often seem to match the similar chains like Debenhams and Marks & Spencer when they have special “online-only” prices. As previously mentioned the 2-year warranty that John Lewis offer in their John Lewis Electrical sale is also not to be sniffed at and gives significant peace of mind.
Is John Lewis closing down?
This has been a really popular question over the last couple of months. Mid-March 2020 saw the Close of 50 John Lewis department stores. This happened to all John Lewis stores across the UK. John Lewis’ grocery stores under the Waitrose branding remained open. Needless to say, there were lots of people asking “Is John Lewis going bust?”
In early 2020 John Lewis did he came to using various outside companies to looking two ways of redeveloping with less reliance on retail. This could have potentially been an indicator that they were struggling or looking for ways to survive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. While John Lewis is reportedly looking at an outside investor to help streamline into more service-based offerings, it remains uncertain what this means for existing customers.
It’s true that John Lewis has struggled more and more with Christmas sales over the years. Even John Lewis big brands like Mint Velvet struggled to bolster sale figures. 2019, for example, wasn’t their strongest. I highly suspect at this point any closures stores (or rather lack of reopening) will be down to John Lewis looking at streamlining its retail Estate to cost overheads and future proof itself. Whilst this may mean the closure of some stores, it could potentially secure John Lewis’s future should it happen.