With winter fuel bills rising and an energy crisis in full effect, it’s more important than ever to have a keen eye out for a sale bargain or savvy way of gifting this Christmas. If you’re not looking to consider frugal gifting options like regifting or making your own gifts, then the more commercial Black Friday sale period of 2021 could be your most useful buying point for presents this year.
Are Black Friday Sales Always A Good Deal?
It’s worth noting that not every sale and deal you see listed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday will be as great as you think. Over the last few weeks, we’ve already been receiving public relations and marketing shots for sale offers that will go live and in some cases, the retail companies are actively raising their prices for the month prior to the Black Friday sales period. In the past companies had a “28-day rule” for how long an item must be on sale at a certain price. Now, that rule has gone placing responsibility for “ethical” sales practises firmly with each individual company. Whilst most will hopefully present good value offers. It is worth keeping your wits about you and using price comparison sites, voucher codes and cashback deals wherever you can to avoid being caught out.
With potential shortages in delivery drivers and floor staff due to ongoing track and trace and post Brexit matters, getting you’re shopping done early makes sense. Truly savvy minds may have made use in part of the January and New Years sales to stock up on general goodies for 2021, but there will still be a good number of sales and deals available in the UK and I hope to use this page to list as many of them as I can in one place for you. Please feel free to add any voucher codes, referral links etc in the comments below for other readers and let me know if you spot any other useful sale deals to add. I also plan to feature my savvy top buys for 2021 in the sections below.
So, when is Black Friday 2021 in the UK and how can we make the most of the sales deals and offers available?
Black Friday is on Friday 26th November. However, wider commercial retail take-up has seen some outlets offering month-long and early sales in order to try bringing in early custom and sales.
I’ve tried to outline as many of the general Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and offers as I can below. They are sorted into niche categories and may help some readers to save on items they’re looking to purchase. For transparency, it’s important for me to say that I may receive a commission from some of the links below if you go on to buy an item (this helps pay for this website).
Is Black Friday Just Online?
In the UK Black Friday sales events pop up online, over the phone and in-store for most areas of retail. Most online retailers are basing their sales plans around the 26th of November 2021.
Even though everyone is hoping the recent rises in cases of Flu and Covid don’t impact on open retail sales, it’s safe to assume that yet again the use of online sales will put pressure on the postal system near Christmas and the sooner you’ve finished your shopping for festivities, the better.
Whether you’re after the latest Shark upright vacuum, Airpods, Laptop deals, the New PS5, and Xbox Series X or you’re simply updating your wardrobe – you should be spoilt for choice using some of the retailers and Black Friday deals mentioned below. You may be surprised exactly how many different retailers offer Black Friday discounts, it’s even worth checking out the latest offers on domestic heating oil before those winter temperatures kick in.
So, all that being said… What deals are there out there this year? We’ve put together a selection of popular sales and hot items that might be of use.
Maqio Toys – This retailer is boring up to 80% off retail prices for a range of toys in their sale. It includes Squishies, L.O.L, Match Attax, Fisher Price and various board games.
Pure Electric – one of the main “go to” places to source electric bikes and e scooters in a Black Friday Sale.
English Heritage – Give the gift of an English Heritage annual membership with an additional 15% off using the code EH2021. Code valid on English Heritage membership offers for individuals or for purchasing as gifts for others. It’s also worth checking out how to save on National Trust membership offers in the UK in our recent article.
Denby – A wide range of pottery and homeware items in their seasonal clearance and outlet sale.
Groupon – The popular deals site has regular offers during the Black Friday period.
Wowcher – Similar huge Black Friday offers from the Groupon competitor
Hearst Magazines – Up to 66% off gift subscriptions and offers including the bumper TV mag editions.
John Lewis is always popular at Christmas time but they’re renowned for not always opting into the Black Friday hype. That being said they have some great offers over the next few weeks including 20% off Selected Home (Le Creuset, Silentnight and TEMPUR), 20% off Selected Fashion including Levi’s, Barbour and The North Face. A huge range of great savings across electricals with the worthwhile John Lewis guarantee. This also includes Beats, Sony and Samsung. You’ll also find a range of beauty deals in the John Lewis Black Friday deals pages, including Bobbi Brown, Clarins and Estee Lauder.
Please note the following are excluded brands from most sale offers: Apple, Aspinal, Chanel, Dior, Gant, Hobbs, Hugo Boss, Jigsaw, Jo Malone, MAC, Magimix, Michael Kors, Molton Brown, Mint Velvet, Mulberry, Phase Eight, Reiss, Whistles, White Stuff.
Mobiles.co.uk – Deals on iPhone 11 handsets and contracts, Samsung Galaxy S21 and S20 FE Black Friday Offers.
What are the top 2021 sales and dates in the UK for Black Friday?
I’ll keep this list updated so it’s worth bookmarking this page to come back to. Some retailers are already opening their Christmas sales, well ahead of the November 2021 date associated with black Friday in the UK.
- Online home decor supplier Wayfair has already launched a Christmas deals page.
- Amazon already has up to 50% off their daily fashion deals and many others listed in the deal section ahead of the 2020 Black Friday sales.
- BooHoo has a massive 80% sale with fresh lines being added all the time to their offers and deal pages.
- Decorate your home for less this winter with DIY sales from B&Q.
- Currys PC World Clearance Sale. The UK Tech giant already has its sale page live with deals on TVs, laptops, phones, tablets, gadgets and more.
- From steam mops to the best upright vacuums in the UK, Shark clean offer a range of deals with up to £120 off via their website.
- Whether it’s Boots No7, Fenty Beauty or other makeup deals, the Boots Black Friday offerings are always great value. Boots click and collect is one of the longest-running Click and Collect offerings in the UK and will come in useful this year. It’s well worth keeping an eye on perfume and giftset deals from this retailer too as they’re often heavily reduced and occasionally glitch at the checkout!
- Often overlooked as an online store the BT deals and sales page often has great deals on home tech and regularly slashes hundreds of pounds off monthly mobile deals.
- Broadband and phone offers and deals from both the EE Black Friday sales page and the PlusNet offers page.
- From Christmas hampers to snuggly fashion, M&S sales regularly reached up to 70% off during the Black Friday sales season.
- Sky TV deals for Black Friday will be in existence for both new customers. This also offers great reason and opportunity for phoning sky to haggle on deals for existing Sky customers.
- Tesco Click and Collect deals may also be worth keeping an eye on this year.
- It’s also worth checking out my guide on getting the most out of Next VIP sale slots.
Shark Vacuum and Ninja Kitchen Black Friday Deals
The lovely people that run Shark Clean and Ninja not only provide great quality items like the Shark Hz500UK vacuum that reviews well. They also offer some absolutely crack deals during their special events. This Black Friday sees some fabulous sales and deals from on both Shark branded vacuums and steam mops, as well as Ninja kitchen items.
So.. What are the best Black Friday deals from Shark Clean UK and Ninja?
The UK’s best-selling vacuum cleaner brand, Shark, is set to offer four Limited Edition products at amazing prices in an incredible Black Friday Event.
Available exclusively from Shark’s website, the deluxe Black Friday collection includes a powerful corded upright vacuum cleaner, flexible cordless stick vacuum cleaner, signature steam mop and cordless handheld vacuum – all featuring a sleek, stylish carbon black finish and packed with the brand’s innovative cleaning technologies.
Top Offers Include:
Save up to £180 on Shark’s Exclusive Black Friday Range
Ninja Kitchen, the sister company to Shark Clean, is also offering up some great deals this Black Friday. Inspiring kitchen appliances brand Ninja is set to offer two Limited Edition products in an unmissable Black Friday Event. Customers will have the chance to purchase some of the brand’s most exciting cooking appliances in an exclusive colour, with free accessories and up to 25% off.
Available exclusively from Ninja’s website, the deluxe Black Friday collection features two of Ninja’s must-have cooking appliances:
Offers available while stocks last.
More great Black Friday 2021 sales and deals
- Whittard Chelsea has a range of teas, gifts and Christmas items on sale between 17th November and 24th in their Black Friday event.
- Beauty Expert With brands like Elemis, Rituals… and Molton Brown included in gift sets.
Boost your Black Friday 2020 saving further with top cashback sites.
Don’t forget to maximize your savings but using cashback sites like Boom25, Quidco and TopCashback. There’s also a number of useful deal sites like HotUKDeals, MSE, and Latest Deals that will have additional tips and offers.