Being savvy in my opinion isn’t just about saving money, but also saving time. This adaptation of a quick Chinese Hot Oil Noodle classic YouPo Noodle is so simple. Essentially, you will be quickly bringing up to temperature some noodles and simple vegetables in one pot. This method also keeps the washing up and the cost of this low-budget, low-calorie recipe down. You’ll be throwing the ingredients in a bowl with some seasonings and then pouring a few tablespoons of hot oil over everything before mixing.
Quick and Easy No Fuss YouPo Noodle Style Ham Linguine
I’ve seen YouPo Mien cooked a few times and wanted to try combining it with another culinary love of mine – Italian food! YouPo as a quick street noodle dish combines great with the fundamentals of Italian pasta dishes. Essentially they both use a few simple ingredients and make the most of them in a comforting way – just without the usual Italian creaminess. You wouldn’t think that such a simple dish could be that amazing, but when combining it with homemade noodles (if you’re skilled) or a slightly al dente pasta it’s fab!
The simple BIG ingredients are 2 big cloves of raw garlic that are brought together when the hot oil lands in the dish, and the nicest ham you’re happy to add. Smoked pancetta also works a dream!
The YouPo Ham Linguine Recipe.
Here are the items you’ll need on your supermarket list:
- Wheat Noodles (150-300g depending on your hunger)
- Your favourite greens (tender stem broccoli, spinach or your green of choice that cooks quick)
- 2 teaspoons light soy
- 1 teaspoon dark soy
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic
- Red Pepper Flakes or Chili Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped or torn ham (you can use pancetta but used pre-cooked or render down first)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
Method for You Po Linguini (Cream Free)
- Boil your wheat noodles of choice, as per their packet instructions.
- While boiling, add in your greens of choice and allow them to boil/blanch.
- Drain once noodles are al dente.
- Add the cooked noodles and greens to a bowl that is heatproof and then mix in the soy.
- Add the ham (or cooked smoked pancetta), along with all the other ingredients.
- In a small pot, heat the oil until verging on dangerous and then very carefully pour over the YouPo noodle dish.
- Mix it all together and enjoy this Italian dish with a fab, quick Asian feel!
- If you have some, add some chopped cooling tomato to the top, or your favourite garnish – along with a nice budget merlot (unless you’re watching the calories).